Join us at the Road Trips – Asia Facebook Group!
Thailand Fly & Drive – Part 39
Our Lion Cub, with his birthday being in December, never gets his birthday celebration in Singapore as we are always out of the country on our family holiday!
Because of this, we set aside this special day just for him. He will get to decide what to do, what to eat for dinner, and also choose his own birthday present!
We start off by enjoying time at the pool in the freezing cold water. The kids take time to get used to the cold temperature. It takes awhile, but eventually they are in the pool, trying to build up some body heat by moving around as much as they can.
Not wanting the kids to catch a cold, we don’t spend too much time in the cold water, jumping out and hurrying upstairs to freshen up and to prepare to go out for dinner.
Central Plaza Khon Kaen
We head out to the nearby Central Plaza Khon Kaen. This is a really good shopping centre and it is packed… hard to get a parking lot! Lots of shops with stuff at reasonable prices. Lots of food and entertainment options. Parking is free!
We gave our big boy the choice of dinner and he was so sweet, asking his little brother what he wanted to eat instead. These are the times when our boy can really melt our hearts with his generosity. We decide on The Pizza Company, one of our family favorites in Thailand.
The kids get a great activity sheet to work on while waiting for their meals to arrive. Really great to have kid-friendly restaurants like these that go the extra mile to welcome the children!
Even though it is our big boy’s birthday, it is our little boy that impresses us with his attention to detail, colouring the pizza intently, producing a work of art that would do an artist proud!
We have a great meal with something for everyone! The pizza is great, the pasta is great. Smiles all around the family table!
After dinner, we proceed to a cafe for a simple birthday celebration over a couple of slices of cake. No candles available, but we sing him a birthday song nonetheless.
We then head to the kid’s section at the department store for him to choose his birthday present. He decides on a Lego set, and the kids also get the bonus of a free hours play at the Lego table there, while we wait for our movie to start.
The movie of choice (actually, no choice because all the other shows are in Thai…) is Frozen II. Great show! Good story, good songs! All of us enjoyed it thoroughly, even the boys!
All in all, it was a nice day out at the shopping centre. My boy enjoyed his birthday day out, and so did the rest of the Lion family!
- 2019 Thailand Fly and Drive
- Off to Bangkok
- Review: Ibis Styles Bangkok Sukhumvit 50
- Sara Jane’s @ the Empire Place
- Amazing Young Musician on the Streets
- Drive from Bangkok to Khao Kho
- Review: Tonkho at Home, Khao Kho
- Sunrise at Khao Takhian Ngo
- Temple on a Glass Cliff
- Tea @ Pino Latte
- Visit to the Weapon Museum
- Amazing Dinosaur!
- A Tale of Two Dinners
- Drive from Khao Kho to Chiang Mai
- Review: Ibis Styles Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Tribal Museum
- Wacky World of Insects!
- Driving the Mae Hong Son Loop
- Drive from Chiang Mai to Pang Mapha
- Pai Historical Bridge
- Pai Canyon
- Pai Land Split
- Review: Ban Keawmora, Pang Mapha
- Drive from Pang Mapha to Mae Win
- Long Neck Village
- Car Woes on the Way to Mae Win
- Day Trip to Doi Inthanon
- The Royal Twin Pagodas
- More Vehicle Misfortune and an Angel on a Motorbike
- Review: Mae Win Guesthouse and Resort
- Another Flat?! Drive from Chiang Mai to Chiang Khan
- Review: Phu Chiangkhan Hostel
- Chiang Khan Walking Street by Day
- The Majestic Mekong
- Chiang Khan Walking Street by Night
- Drive from Chiang Khan to Khon Kaen
- Review: Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid
- The Problem of Laundry
- Birthday Day Out!
- The Nine-Storey Stupa
- Aura Farm
- King Cobra Village
- Khon Kaen City Museum
- 2019 Thailand Fly & Drive (Bangkok, Khao Kho, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son Loop, Chiang Khan, Khon Kaen, Khao Yai, Pattaya)
- 2019 Cameron Highlands Brothers Drive
- 2018 Bali Drive
- 2017 Hungary Winter Drive
- 2017 Hokkaido Winter Drive
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Bangkok, Rayong)
- 2017 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2016 Drive from Singapore to Thailand