Join us at the Road Trips – Asia Facebook Group!
Thailand Fly & Drive – Part 10 (Khao Kho)
After the visit to Wat Pha Sorn Kaew, we proceed further up the mountain for tea at the Pino Latte cafe, at the recommendation of one of our Road Trips – Asia group mates. Really grateful that we can tap on the collective wisdom of this awesome group of Road Trip-aholics as it was really an awesome tip!
What an incredible view from the cafe. There was a huge crowd at the cafe, but we were fortunate to get a table with a great view outdoors at the vantage point. We had a great time sitting there, savouring our cakes and soaking in the sights of the majestic temple in the valley below amidst the beautiful backdrop of the mountains.
The cakes and food were on the pricy side. We chose 4 slices of cake to share and paid THB760, even more expensive than eating at Coffee Bean in Singapore!
Thankfully the cakes were rather tasty, making the prices more easy to swallow. The presentation was very artistically done, with attention to the small details. I guess you pay for the quality and the view! On balance, the whole experience was well worth what we paid for the food.
- Price: (7 / 10) Not cheap at all. You are paying for the view and for the overall experience.
- Taste: (8 / 10) Our 4 cakes tasted great and with lovely presentation.
- Drinks: (NA) We didn’t order drinks, so I can’t comment.
- Environment: (9/ 10) Amazing view and weather, perfect to just sit all day to have a chat or to reflect on life.
- Overall: (8 / 10) I would definitely recommend coming here but watch the damage to your wallet!
This place, we are told, has awesome sunrise views. Even though the cafe opens only later in the morning for breakfast, many people come early to catch a wonderful sunrise experience here. The great thing is that there is ample parking at the multistory car park across the road from the cafe.
We planned to come back the next morning to catch that sunrise, but in the end, we decided to save it for a future trip because we had a long day’s drive to Chiang Mai ahead of us. Well, it is good to leave something for us to want to come back to Khao Kho and do!
- 2019 Thailand Fly and Drive
- Off to Bangkok
- Review: Ibis Styles Bangkok Sukhumvit 50
- Sara Jane’s @ the Empire Place
- Amazing Young Musician on the Streets
- Drive from Bangkok to Khao Kho
- Review: Tonkho at Home, Khao Kho
- Sunrise at Khao Takhian Ngo
- Temple on a Glass Cliff
- Tea @ Pino Latte
- Visit to the Weapon Museum
- Amazing Dinosaur!
- A Tale of Two Dinners
- Drive from Khao Kho to Chiang Mai
- Review: Ibis Styles Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Tribal Museum
- Wacky World of Insects!
- Driving the Mae Hong Son Loop
- Drive from Chiang Mai to Pang Mapha
- Pai Historical Bridge
- Pai Canyon
- Pai Land Split
- Review: Ban Keawmora, Pang Mapha
- Drive from Pang Mapha to Mae Win
- Long Neck Village
- Car Woes on the Way to Mae Win
- Day Trip to Doi Inthanon
- The Royal Twin Pagodas
- More Vehicle Misfortune and an Angel on a Motorbike
- Review: Mae Win Guesthouse and Resort
- Another Flat?! Drive from Chiang Mai to Chiang Khan
- Review: Phu Chiangkhan Hostel
- Chiang Khan Walking Street by Day
- The Majestic Mekong
- Chiang Khan Walking Street by Night
- Drive from Chiang Khan to Khon Kaen
- Review: Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid
- The Problem of Laundry
- Birthday Day Out!
- The Nine-Storey Stupa
- Aura Farm
- King Cobra Village
- Khon Kaen City Museum
- 2019 Thailand Fly & Drive (Bangkok, Khao Kho, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son Loop, Chiang Khan, Khon Kaen, Khao Yai, Pattaya)
- 2019 Cameron Highlands Brothers Drive
- 2018 Bali Drive
- 2017 Hungary Winter Drive
- 2017 Hokkaido Winter Drive
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Bangkok, Rayong)
- 2017 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2016 Drive from Singapore to Thailand