Just another boring day along the North-South ExpresswayThe Lion
Just like that, two and a half weeks have passed in a flash… gone too soon! It just means we have really enjoyed our time on the road as a family!
We set off in the late morning, and as we made our way back down the E2, we witnessed the flash of a lorry on fire. How does a engine go up in flames like this? I have no idea, and I hope it never happens to us. This is why we diligently keep our car well serviced and in good condition for our long drives.
Today’s drive is a leisurely one, just 350km. We arrive Johor Bahru in the mid-afternoon, and we decide to find a place to eat before crossing the Causeway back into Singapore.
We decide to try a new place, the Tea Garden restaurant at Setia Tropika, just a short turn out of the highway into Johor Bahru.
It was rather crowded, surprisingly as it was already past the lunch hour.
We love the food at Tea Garden, but this was our first time at this outlet. We normally go to the branch at Bukit Indah. I especially love the Herbal Chicken and Curry Chicken here, and there is a wide range of food in the menu for the whole family. The common criticism of this chain is that the food, although tasty, is a little on the pricey side. We like it though, and we feel the quality of the food justifies the price tag.
The interesting thing about this place was that it operates a golf cart shuttle service to take you from your vehicle to and from the main building. We certainly appreciate this extra service! (It avoids us stepping into potholes and falling down like we did in KL the day before.) Definitely worth coming back here. Convenient location, and good food!
After our meal, we head towards the Causeway, our holiday sadly coming to an end. We decide to record a farewell video and we realise that our daughter is a budding YouTube star. She just enjoys talking non-stop and being the centre of attraction. You will be hearing more from here on my future travel blogs!
- 17 Days on the Road
- 2829 km Traveled
- Average Speed 61 km/h
- Fuel Economy 15.9 km/l
Part 19 – The gist of the journey…
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand
- Crossing the Sadao Border
- Selamat Hari Raya
- Day of Rest
- Expectation Vs. Reality
- Krabi Krazy
- A Scenic Leisurely Drive
- Home Away From Home
- Sunsets, Beaches and Takeaways
- Off to Phuket Town
- Phuket Trickeye Museum
- Phuket Aquarium
- Naka Night Market Hit and Run
- Time to Head Home
- Hey Hat Yai!
- Last Stop Kuala Lumpur
- Brake Pads, Movie and Humpty Dumpty
- Flaming Lorries and Happy Memories
- Route Summary
- Concluding Thoughts
- 2019 Thailand Fly & Drive (Bangkok, Khao Kho, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Khan, Khon Kaen, Khao Yai, Pattaya)
- 2019 Cameron Highlands Brothers Drive
- 2018 Bali Drive
- 2017 Hungary Winter Drive
- 2017 Hokkaido Winter Drive
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Bangkok, Rayong)
- 2017 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2016 Drive from Singapore to Thailand