Travelling as a family with young kids, we are always on the lookout for meaningful activities and attractions that the children will enjoy.
The first place that caught our eye in Phuket City was the Phuket Trickeye Museum. Situated just a 10 minute walk from our hotel, we knew it would be a great place for the family to spend the afternoon. We were not disappointed.
Tickets were a little pricey at THB500 for adults and THB300 for kids, but considering the shear number of interesting scenes and photo opportunities inside, I believe it is well worth the money spent!
The kids really enjoyed posing at every stop, using their imaginations to play out each scene with great enthusiasm. As the main photographer, I was busy at work the whole afternoon, getting them to stand and sit at the ideal positions for each shot. Fun work, but physically tiring to have to keep up with the kid’s energy! The time and energy spent is well worth it, we haven’t taken so many family photos in ages… plenty of nice memories of fun and laughter.
Our favorite picture has to be the one on top in the little cartoon car with balloons in tow. It reminds us of how we much we love our regular road trips as a family. Going on a long drive has become our family tradition, and is something that brings us together, with lovely memories that will last us a lifetime!
Retrospective TIP: Do try to get your tickets online at websites like Klook.com for some really good deals and discounts! We have only recently discovered the joys of searching for online discount offers. Better late than never I guess!
Part 12 – A fun-filled family day out at the Phuket Aquarium!
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand
- Crossing the Sadao Border
- Selamat Hari Raya
- Day of Rest
- Expectation Vs. Reality
- Krabi Krazy
- A Scenic Leisurely Drive
- Home Away From Home
- Sunsets, Beaches and Takeaways
- Off to Phuket Town
- Phuket Trickeye Museum
- Phuket Aquarium
- Naka Night Market Hit and Run
- Time to Head Home
- Hey Hat Yai!
- Last Stop Kuala Lumpur
- Brake Pads, Movie and Humpty Dumpty
- Flaming Lorries and Happy Memories
- Route Summary
- Concluding Thoughts
- 2019 Thailand Fly & Drive (Bangkok, Khao Kho, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Khan, Khon Kaen, Khao Yai, Pattaya)
- 2019 Cameron Highlands Brothers Drive
- 2018 Bali Drive
- 2017 Hungary Winter Drive
- 2017 Hokkaido Winter Drive
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Bangkok, Rayong)
- 2017 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2016 Drive from Singapore to Thailand