Masked McDonalds Madness…
Strange but true… although we’ve been to Phuket island plenty of times, we have never actually driven into the city centre. This trip would be our first time!
In the grand scheme of things, this would be just like a leisurely morning stroll instead of a marathon run. Nothing really scary about this drive, except that you have to navigate the heavy traffic heading into the city centre.
Our accommodation for the next few nights would be the Ibis Styles Phuket City, which is situated just beside the Novotel Phuket Phokeethra right smack in the centre of town.
This is an extremely convenient location, situated just opposite the Robinson Department Store, with plenty of food options in close proximity.
If you give the kids a choice, you know what they would choose….
Yep… they choose to takeaway Happy Meals from McDonald’s, complete with friendly staff and activities and masks to bring back to the hotel room.
Besides having some tasty food to eat, we also get some fun props to take a great family wefie!
The hotel itself was reasonably comfortable. We booked a family room which consists of a double bed and a bunk bed. The great thing was that because the hotel cafe was closed, we enjoyed our daily breakfast at the Novotel, which had an awesome breakfast spread. This perk made up for some of the minor inconveniences we faced at the hotel. (The hotel had overcharged our credit card when we booked and we faced a number of issues trying to get our money back)
The kids were super excited at the bunk bed, but we were afraid that they might fall off the top level.
Part 11 – Trigger happy Photo-taking at the Trickeye Museum!
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand
- Crossing the Sadao Border
- Selamat Hari Raya
- Day of Rest
- Expectation Vs. Reality
- Krabi Krazy
- A Scenic Leisurely Drive
- Home Away From Home
- Sunsets, Beaches and Takeaways
- Off to Phuket Town
- Phuket Trickeye Museum
- Phuket Aquarium
- Naka Night Market Hit and Run
- Time to Head Home
- Hey Hat Yai!
- Last Stop Kuala Lumpur
- Brake Pads, Movie and Humpty Dumpty
- Flaming Lorries and Happy Memories
- Route Summary
- Concluding Thoughts
- 2019 Thailand Fly & Drive (Bangkok, Khao Kho, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Khan, Khon Kaen, Khao Yai, Pattaya)
- 2019 Cameron Highlands Brothers Drive
- 2018 Bali Drive
- 2017 Hungary Winter Drive
- 2017 Hokkaido Winter Drive
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Bangkok, Rayong)
- 2017 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2016 Drive from Singapore to Thailand