How time flies. It has been 6 months since my last blog post, and it is about time I start writing again. I feel terrible that I haven’t even started work on my blog series about our Bali trip last December. Looks like that will have to wait, because we are now setting off on our 5th June drive to Thailand!
For this years drive, I was a little torn deciding between a longer trip or a shorter trip. Eventually, we decided to take things easy and just do a leisurely drive to Phuket. I still have ambitions to go further than Bangkok, but in a way it is good to take a step back and consolidate first, before extending ourselves again.
Click HERE to read about our previous year’s drive from Singapore to Bangkok & Rayong.
Many of the stops this year will be a return to places we have previously visited. Our main highlight for this trip will be staying a few days in Phuket town itself, which we have not done before. We will also get to explore Hatyai for a bit longer than last year, so I’m quite looking forward to that. I will be providing some updates in the administrative procedure (UPDATES TO THE SADAO CROSSING), and I’ll be looking to post more videos this time around.
This is the route for our journey:
Singapore – Taiping – Krabi – Phuket (Mai Khao Beach) – Phuket Town – Hatyai – Kuala Lumpur – Singapore
Click HERE for the Route Summary complete with maps for all the legs and the ratings for the accommodations for our trip.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. If you are a fan of road trips, do join us at our ROAD TRIPS IN ASIA Facebook Group . We would love to connect with you and to share more about our common love for driving!
Part 2 – Crossing the Malaysia-Thailand Border at Bukit Kayu Hitam / Sadao.
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand
- Crossing the Sadao Border
- Selamat Hari Raya
- Day of Rest
- Expectation Vs. Reality
- Krabi Krazy
- A Scenic Leisurely Drive
- Home Away From Home
- Sunsets, Beaches and Takeaways
- Off to Phuket Town
- Phuket Trickeye Museum
- Phuket Aquarium
- Naka Night Market Hit and Run
- Time to Head Home
- Hey Hat Yai!
- Last Stop Kuala Lumpur
- Brake Pads, Movie and Humpty Dumpty
- Flaming Lorries and Happy Memories
- Route Summary
- Concluding Thoughts
- 2019 Thailand Fly & Drive (Bangkok, Khao Kho, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Khan, Khon Kaen, Khao Yai, Pattaya)
- 2019 Cameron Highlands Brothers Drive
- 2018 Bali Drive
- 2017 Hungary Winter Drive
- 2017 Hokkaido Winter Drive
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Bangkok, Rayong)
- 2017 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2016 Drive from Singapore to Thailand