Ever since the new McDonald’s drive-through opened near our home, our family has enjoyed some convenient take-away dinners to satisfy our regular craving for McDonald’s.
My wife loves the McSpicy burgers, but because she is on a Keto diet, she looks to avoid carbohydrates e.g. french fries, buns. It is pretty hard to make a special order over the drive-through intercomm system, so often she just orders the whole meal and leaves behind the bread and fries. Obviously, this is quite wasteful, so today, I had a brainwave and decided to reduce our food wastage by ordering a Sharing Box (with McWings and McNuggets) a la carte, to go with my wife’s Double McSpicy Combo Meal, instead of ordering two Combo Meals. In this way, we share only ONE Combo Meal between the two of us. I avoid having to gorge myself on two packets of fries, which helps me not put on too much weight. I also get creative by taking the buns from my wife’s McSpicy (she doesn’t eat the buns anyway), getting a slice of cheddar cheese from my own fridge, and partner it with three McNuggets to create my own self-assembled McNuggets burger!
It turned out to be pretty tasty! Best of all, no food wastage, I don’t overeat, and my wife gets her Keto compliant diet sorted, all at the same time! A definite WIN-WIN-WIN solution! 🙂 (yes, you can tell I’m pretty proud of my brainwave!)
- 2019 Thailand Fly & Drive (Bangkok, Khao Kho, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Khan, Khon Kaen, Khao Yai, Pattaya)
- 2019 Cameron Highlands Brothers Drive
- 2018 Bali Drive
- 2017 Hungary Winter Drive
- 2017 Hokkaido Winter Drive
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Bangkok, Rayong)
- 2017 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2016 Drive from Singapore to Thailand