Day 13 – Mai Khao Beach, Phuket
Their proud smiles as they displayed their completed creations were priceless…
After a couple of days on the road, it was good to spend a few days relaxing and resting at the Marriott’s Mai Khao Beach Club. The last time we were here was a few years ago (normally we prefer to put up at the neighbouring resort, the Phuket Beach Club), and we were happy to find that they have made a number of improvements to the facilities on offer.
Most significantly, they have enlarged the kid’s club such that it covers a bigger floor area, and put in more fun and unique activities for the kids as you will see in subsequent posts.
Today, the kids took part in the creative door handle making activity. It was great to see the them get a chance to do some craft work, and to see their creative juices at work in coming up with their own special designs. The staff were as professional as ever in demonstrating the process and guiding the kids along the way.
Seeing the kids intently going about their craft work, and their proud smiles as they displayed their completed creations were priceless.
Lunch at Tesco Lotus Thalang
The resort is in a rather secluded part of Phuket, which means that dining options are rather limited, and tend to be on the pricey side. For this reason, it is a good thing to have your car at your disposal. We like to make a short trip out to the nearest hypermarket Tesco Lotus Thalang, where there are plenty of family-friendly eateries at a reasonable price.
After lunch, the kids had fun at the kids play area while the adults enjoyed their relaxing massage. We also stocked up on groceries for the next 4 days at the resort.
This is part 15 of my 2018 Singapore – Thailand Drive Blog Series, please click HERE for the next part featuring rock climbing and mini golf!
2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series:
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand
- Getting a Grip
- Taiping Tyrannosaurus
- A Completely New Border Crossing
- First time in Hatyai
- Cantering Towards Chumphon
- Passport Panic
- Breaking the Bangkok Barrier
- A Home Away From Home
- Kids Love Kidzania!
- Rayong Night Drive
- A Rayong Adventure
- Time to Head Home
- Driving in Heavy Rain
- Craft and Japanese
- Rock Climbing and Mini Golf
- Scenic Drive Through Phang Nga
- From Money Changer to Money Taker
- Putrajaya Paradise
- The Last Leg with my Concluding Thoughts
- Route Summary
- 2019 Thailand Fly & Drive (Bangkok, Khao Kho, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son Loop, Chiang Khan, Khon Kaen, Khao Yai, Pattaya)
- 2019 Cameron Highlands Brothers Drive
- 2018 Bali Drive
- 2017 Hungary Winter Drive
- 2017 Hokkaido Winter Drive
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Bangkok, Rayong)
- 2017 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2016 Drive from Singapore to Thailand