Day 1 – Singapore to Kuala Lumpur
We planned to leave home at 6am, but we ended up leaving only at 9am waiting ages for my laptop to complete its updates 😛 Thank God that we only planned to cover 350 km to KL on the first day instead of 800km to Alor Setar like we normally do. Thank God that crossing the Causeway on a Thursday morning wasn’t that painful on this occasion.
We made good progress through alternating heavy rain and scorching sunshine, reaching our lunch stop at Nilai where we enjoyed some wonderful Penang cuisine at a neighbourhood coffee shop. The prices were incredibly low, considering how tasty the food was and that we could take refuge in air-conditioned comfort. I highly recommend this restaurant!
The other reason we chose to stop here was so that we could change our tyres. My front tyres were a little worn out and I did not want to risk having the car sliding around on the wet tarmac, especially on a long road trip like this. Better to be safe than sorry… good grippy tyres can make the difference between a close shave an a nasty crash.
After the quick change to spanking new Michelins, we were off on our way again, arriving at our first hotel, our favorite place to stay in KL – Ibis Styles Frasers Business Park. The kids quickly tucked into bed to enjoy an afternoon of TV!
I on the other hand, spent the afternoon comfortably snoring Zzzzz……
I Need Your Help to Keep My Blog Running!
As you can tell, this blog is fueled by a passion for life and a desire to share my experiences with like-minded sojourners like yourselves. If you have enjoyed reading my content, do support me by making a donation. This will help me to cover the yearly hosting fee for my blog. Simply key in your preferred amount below and pay using your credit card or Paypal. Any contribution, big or small, is much appreciated! 🙂
This is part 2 of my 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series, click HERE for part 3 where I talk about our stopover at Taiping, Perak.
2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series:
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand
- Getting a Grip
- Taiping Tyrannosaurus
- A Completely New Border Crossing
- First time in Hatyai
- Cantering Towards Chumphon
- Passport Panic
- Breaking the Bangkok Barrier
- A Home Away From Home
- Kids Love Kidzania!
- Rayong Night Drive
- A Rayong Adventure
- Time to Head Home
- Driving in Heavy Rain
- Craft and Japanese
- Rock Climbing and Mini Golf
- Scenic Drive Through Phang Nga
- From Money Changer to Money Taker
- Putrajaya Paradise
- The Last Leg with my Concluding Thoughts
- Route Summary
I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my blog. Please subscribe by dropping me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and do also feel free to contact me if you have any queries or comments!
- 2019 Thailand Fly & Drive (Bangkok, Khao Kho, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son Loop, Chiang Khan, Khon Kaen, Khao Yai, Pattaya)
- 2019 Cameron Highlands Brothers Drive
- 2018 Bali Drive
- 2017 Hungary Winter Drive
- 2017 Hokkaido Winter Drive
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Bangkok, Rayong)
- 2017 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2016 Drive from Singapore to Thailand