This is our 4th epic road trip from Singapore to Thailand. The past three years, the destination was Phuket. This year, we set our sights further north, to Bangkok and ultimately Rayong province to visit some of my friends there.
Although this is our 4th trip, uncertainties still abound. Things have changed: We hear that the Sadao immigration construction work has been completed and is now a drive through experience. If you are planning to drive your own vehicle into Thailand via Sadao, it is important you read about the new procedure HERE.
We wonder how it would be like to drive north of Phuket, and how difficult it will be to navigate Bangkok’s famous traffic jams.
This is the route we will be taking for this trip:
Singapore – Kuala Lumpur – Taiping – Hatyai – Chumphon – Bangkok – Rayong – Hua Hin – Phuket – Jitra – Taiping – Putrajaya – Singapore
Click HERE for the Route Summary
Do join me for the next 3 weeks as I chart our 4000km journey. I appreciate all of you who read my blog, especially my subscribers and those who have left their comments and encouraging words.
This is part 1 of my 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series, click HERE for part 2!
2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series:
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand
- Getting a Grip
- Taiping Tyrannosaurus
- A Completely New Border Crossing
- First time in Hatyai
- Cantering Towards Chumphon
- Passport Panic
- Breaking the Bangkok Barrier
- A Home Away From Home
- Kids Love Kidzania!
- Rayong Night Drive
- A Rayong Adventure
- Time to Head Home
- Driving in Heavy Rain
- Craft and Japanese
- Rock Climbing and Mini Golf
- Scenic Drive Through Phang Nga
- From Money Changer to Money Taker
- Putrajaya Paradise
- The Last Leg with my Concluding Thoughts
- Route Summary
I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my blog. Please subscribe by dropping me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and do also feel free to contact me if you have any queries or comments!
- 2018 Bali Drive Blog Series
- 2017 Hungary Winter Drive Blog Series
- 2017 Hokkaido Winter Drive Blog Series
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series
- 2017 Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series
- 2016 Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series