We simply loved the Fried Castle Hotel @ Simontornya, a great place for a winter retreat in the Hungarian countryside. The hotel has some really great facilities which helped keep the whole family occupied and engaged.
Our hotel stay was part of our 4 day – 3 night Dreamtrip which we booked as a Rovia / Worldventures Platinum Member. Amazingly, it only cost us less than US$280 for three people – a real bargain, considering all the benefits and inclusions (3 breakfasts and dinners, including a crazy Palinka Party Night, complimentary use of hotel facilities, fruit platter and a bottle of red wine).
The trip included a host from Rovia, who helped to make all the necessary arrangements, and she certainly made sure we had a good time!
We were extremely pleased to get a complimentary upgrade to a family room, which boasts two separate but connecting bedrooms on the top floor. My lucky daughter got to enjoy snuggling in her own double bed!
Considering the hotel’s remote location, we were rather surprised with the excellent facilities provided. Our daughter’s favorite was definitely the petting zoo, where we were able to get up close and personal with the friendly animals. Interestingly, when we entered the fenced compound, they actually walked towards us and allowed us to stroke them. Very well trained, or just very friendly.
The hotel boasts an excellent spa area with a big indoor pool, and a separate hot bubble bath. There were a variety of different suanas and aromatherapy rooms where you can use at your own preference.
There was also a well-equipped games room, where guests have complimentary use of the table football, pool, and ping pong tables. After meeting our new friends from Romania, we spent a couple of nights making full use of these, while chit-chatting and enjoying our drinks late into the night!
Truly, the best part in joining a trip like this is meeting the wonderful people and making new friends from all over the world. We learnt more about each other’s countries and cultures, we shared laughs and told stories. These people really made it a Dreamtrip to remember!
This is part 12 of my Hungary Winter Drive blog series, look out for part 13 where I share about our crazy Palinka Party Night!
- Part 1 – 2017 Hungary Winter Drive
- Part 2 – Sprain Pain and Piano
- Part 3 – Driving in Hungary as a Tourist
- Part 4 – First Taste
- Part 5 – Matra Mountains
- Part 6 – Szekesfehervar Forever!
- Part 7 – Museums Galore – Toy, Diocese & King Stephen
- Part 8 – St. Nicholas Day in Keszthely
- Part 9 – Festetics Palace, Keszthely
- Part 10 – Tihany, Completing the Balaton Loop
- Part 11 – From Siofok to Simontornya
- Part 12 – A Dreamtrip to Remember @ The Fried Castle Hotel
- Part 13 – Palinka Party Night!
My wife and I enjoy having guests over at our place for fellowship over a nice home-cooked meal. If you would like to drop by to try some of my wife’s wonderful cooking and to talk more about travel and life, do drop me a mail at email@example.com to arrange a dinner date! Everyone welcome!
If you would like to subscribe to my blog, please key in your email address below:
- 2019 Thailand Fly & Drive (Bangkok, Khao Kho, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son Loop, Chiang Khan, Khon Kaen, Khao Yai, Pattaya)
- 2019 Cameron Highlands Brothers Drive
- 2018 Bali Drive
- 2017 Hungary Winter Drive
- 2017 Hokkaido Winter Drive
- 2019 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2018 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Bangkok, Rayong)
- 2017 Drive from Singapore to Thailand (Krabi, Phuket)
- 2016 Drive from Singapore to Thailand