This restaurant serves Chinese cuisine and is located at a convenient location along Jalan Merdeka, very near the Dataran Pahlawan shopping centre. This is one of our favorite haunts everytime we come to Melaka as it is very near the Novotel Melaka where we often stay, and it is less crowded than the nearby Nonya restaurants.
The food here is excellent and the prices reasonable. The environment is also very clean and suitable for kids and family. There is also wifi available, which is a bonus!
We always love the guava appetizer and generally anything you order will be of a consistently high standard. Ironically, if there is any dish we have to complain about, it would be the soup dishes which we feel are not as good as when we first started coming here.
Tonight, we ordered the Leek with Roasted Pork (Rating 9/10), Chicken in Dry Curry Sauce (9/10), Chicken with Chinese Sausage (8/10), and the Pork Rib Soup (5/10).
As you can see from my ratings, the dishes were all delicious, except the soup which was ordinary. 😛 The other dishes we like to order at this restaurant would be the Otah and the Minced Pork Patty with Salted Egg.
For more information about this restaurant, you can visit their FB page by CLICKING HERE.
Here are the links to the other parts in this Blog Series:
- Day 1 – SG to KL
- Day 2 – KL to Jitra
- Day 3 – Jitra to Phuket
- Day 4 – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Day 7 – Respect the Ocean
- Day 8 – Phuket to Krabi
- Day 9 – Tiger Cave Temple, Krabi
- Day 10 – Extended Family Fellowship
- Day 11 – Crossing Back into Malaysia
- Day 12 – Flat Tyre Up Cameron Highlands
- Day 13 – Morning Walk to Parit Falls
- Day 14 – The Big Red Strawberry Farm
- Day 14 – Tea Paradise!
- Day 15 – Lata Iskandar Falls
- Concluding Thoughts
Reviews of Hotels and Restaurants:
- Ibis Styles Fraser Business Park, Kuala Lumpur
- Siam Deli – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Seoul Grill – Tesco Lotus Thalang, Phuket
- When No WIFI and No Housekeeping becomes a Plus – Dreamscape Apartments, Cameron Highlands
- Soupy Licious Restaurant – Melaka
- Restaurant Rice Congee Noodles – Melaka
- Novotel Melaka
My wife and I enjoy having guests over at our place for fellowship and a nice home-cooked meal. So if you would like to drop by to try some of my wife’s wonderful cooking and to talk more about travel and life, do drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a dinner date! Everyone welcome!