We booked this apartment homestay from the Agoda website after reading some favorable reviews about it online.
The apartments are located in Barrington Square at the brand new Golden Hills neighbourhood which is only 3km out of Brinchang in the direction of Tanah Rata. This is also the new location of the famous Brinchang Night Market. However, we did not get a chance to experience this as the market is only in operation during the weekends, and we were there only from Monday to Thursday.
The apartment itself is really good. Clean, spacious, with two bedrooms with a queen bed in each, a living cum dining room and a basic kitchenette with microwave oven, kettle, multipurpose cooker and refrigerator. There are also spare mattresses and pillows should there be a need.
We also liked that there was a secure basement carpark with access only via a tap card. There was also a well stocked grocer just downstairs where prices were extremely reasonable.
The downside was that there was no wifi provided and mobile data connection in the area was also very poor. So we basically had to survive without Internet access for our time there, which might actually be a good thing as it forced us to do things as a family and not to be glued to our devices all the time.
The other downside is that there is no daily housekeeping service here, which meant that everybody had to step up to make the beds and do the dishes, which might actually be a good thing! It gave us the opportunity to get our kids involved in making their own beds and sweeping the floor! I have to give our daughter credit, she was actually extremely enthusiastic about doing the daily chores!
(Rating 8/10, a real steal at SGD160 for 3 nights, no wifi, no housekeeping)
Here are the links to the other parts in this Blog Series:
- Day 1 – SG to KL
- Day 2 – KL to Jitra
- Day 3 – Jitra to Phuket
- Day 4 – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Day 7 – Respect the Ocean
- Day 8 – Phuket to Krabi
- Day 9 – Tiger Cave Temple, Krabi
- Day 10 – Extended Family Fellowship
- Day 11 – Crossing Back into Malaysia
- Day 12 – Flat Tyre Up Cameron Highlands
- Day 13 – Morning Walk to Parit Falls
- Day 14 – The Big Red Strawberry Farm
- Day 14 – Tea Paradise!
- Day 15 – Lata Iskandar Falls
- Concluding Thoughts
Reviews of Hotels and Restaurants:
- Ibis Styles Fraser Business Park, Kuala Lumpur
- Siam Deli – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Seoul Grill – Tesco Lotus Thalang, Phuket
- When No WIFI and No Housekeeping becomes a Plus – Dreamscape Apartments, Cameron Highlands
- Soupy Licious Restaurant – Melaka
- Restaurant Rice Congee Noodles – Melaka
- Novotel Melaka
My wife and I enjoy having guests over at our place for fellowship and a nice home-cooked meal. So if you would like to drop by to try some of my wife’s wonderful cooking and to talk more about travel and life, do drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a dinner date! Everyone welcome!