Parit Falls is a quaint little waterfall easily accessible from the Taman Sedia neighbourhood in between the two big Cameron towns of Brinchang and Tanah Rata.
From our apartment at Golden Hills, I took a leisurely morning walk heading towards the waterfall.
Mornings at Cameron are rather chilly, reminding me of a cool spring day in England, and it is excellent weather to be out and about enjoying the greenery amd scenery all around.
Along the way, I passed by the golf course and managed to take some nice pictures of the sunrise:
There were also some nice buildings along the way like this All Souls Anglican Church:
And this white colonial building that is now a holiday homestay:
The walk totalled 6km there and back. I didn’t venture very deep into trails within the park, as the ground was uneven and slippery, without railings. I didn’t want to risk a fall and injury. This trip has already been eventful enough! 😛
The falls itself is nothing out of the ordinary, but it was still nice to hear the sounds of flowing water and the life of the forest. It is a real pity though the amount of trash that can be seen in the water around the falls. Humans really need to learn to respect nature and not destroy it with our rubbish. It really spoils the whole environment and the sense of pristine tranquility.
Click HERE to read the next installment of my 2017 SG-TH blog series where I share about our visit to the Big Red Strawberry Farm.
Here are the links to the other parts in this Blog Series:
- Day 1 – SG to KL
- Day 2 – KL to Jitra
- Day 3 – Jitra to Phuket
- Day 4 – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Day 7 – Respect the Ocean
- Day 8 – Phuket to Krabi
- Day 9 – Tiger Cave Temple, Krabi
- Day 10 – Extended Family Fellowship
- Day 11 – Crossing Back into Malaysia
- Day 12 – Flat Tyre Up Cameron Highlands
- Day 13 – Morning Walk to Parit Falls
- Day 14 – The Big Red Strawberry Farm
- Day 14 – Tea Paradise!
- Day 15 – Lata Iskandar Falls
- Concluding Thoughts
Reviews of Hotels and Restaurants:
- Ibis Styles Fraser Business Park, Kuala Lumpur
- Siam Deli – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Seoul Grill – Tesco Lotus Thalang, Phuket
- When No WIFI and No Housekeeping becomes a Plus – Dreamscape Apartments, Cameron Highlands
- Soupy Licious Restaurant – Melaka
- Restaurant Rice Congee Noodles – Melaka
- Novotel Melaka
My wife and I enjoy having guests over at our place for fellowship and a nice home-cooked meal. So if you would like to drop by to try some of my wife’s wonderful cooking and to talk more about travel and life, do drop me a mail at email@example.com to arrange a dinner date! Everyone welcome!