Today’s drive was a comfortable 150km journey from Phuket Mai Khao Beach to Krabi Ao Nang. This felt so leisurely compared to our other legs and we were able to thoroughly enjoy the wonderful scenery around us. Take a look at the video we took of part of our journey : Video Footage of Drive from Phuket to Krabi
We stopped for lunch at KFC at a petrol kiosk in Phang Nga, and after that it was an hour long drive to Krabi.
The rocky hills in this area come in such weird and wacky shapes and sizes and very different to what we see elsewhere.
The route is also much improved from last year. Although some portions were still under construction, all the devastating potholes were gone and we had a comfortable smooth ride the whole way through, mostly on dual carriageways.
Upon arriving at the outskirts of Krabi, we dropped by the Tesco Lotus outlet for some shopping. I bought myself some disposable contact lenses to replace the spectacles I lost yesterday because of my waltz with the waves at the beach. We also replenished our supplies of groceries.
We then arrived at our hotel the Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang at around 3.30pm.
Click HERE for the next installment of my 2017 SG-TH Blog Series where I share about our adventures at the famous Tiger Cave Temple.
Here are the links to the other parts in this Blog Series:
- Day 1 – SG to KL
- Day 2 – KL to Jitra
- Day 3 – Jitra to Phuket
- Day 4 – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Day 7 – Respect the Ocean
- Day 8 – Phuket to Krabi
- Day 9 – Tiger Cave Temple, Krabi
- Day 10 – Extended Family Fellowship
- Day 11 – Crossing Back into Malaysia
- Day 12 – Flat Tyre Up Cameron Highlands
- Day 13 – Morning Walk to Parit Falls
- Day 14 – The Big Red Strawberry Farm
- Day 14 – Tea Paradise!
- Day 15 – Lata Iskandar Falls
- Concluding Thoughts
Reviews of Hotels and Restaurants:
- Ibis Styles Fraser Business Park, Kuala Lumpur
- Siam Deli – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Seoul Grill – Tesco Lotus Thalang, Phuket
- When No WIFI and No Housekeeping becomes a Plus – Dreamscape Apartments, Cameron Highlands
- Soupy Licious Restaurant – Melaka
- Restaurant Rice Congee Noodles – Melaka
- Novotel Melaka
My wife and I enjoy having guests over at our place for fellowship and a nice home-cooked meal. So if you would like to drop by to try some of my wife’s wonderful cooking and to talk more about travel and life, do drop me a mail at email@example.com to arrange a dinner date! Everyone welcome!
- Hungary Winter Drive Blog Series – 2017
- Hokkaido Winter Drive Blog Series – 2017
- Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series – 2016
- Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series – 2017