We finally had a day of sunny weather and We took advantage of that to bring the kids to the beach. They had been asking for a few days now to go. Even though we forgot to pack their sandcastle building tools, they improvised and made do. We all had a good time, just enjoying the feeling of being splashed by the waves, which are pretty strong at this time of the year. Mai Khao beach is so pristine, beautiful, and quiet!
My youngest son went from being scared to really enjoying the feeling of the seawater caressing his toes. I had to be extra alert though to make sure that none of the kids get swept away by the waves.
My kids all lived to tell the story, but my spectacles didn’t. I ended up the morning without my glasses after they got washed out to sea after we were hit by a big wave. I was left wondering how I was going to survive the rest of the trip half blind. Thankfully I still had my sunglasses. 😛
Click HERE for the next installment of my 2017 SG-TH blog series where I share about the drive from Phuket to Krabi.
Here are the links to the other parts in this Blog Series:
- Day 1 – SG to KL
- Day 2 – KL to Jitra
- Day 3 – Jitra to Phuket
- Day 4 – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Day 7 – Respect the Ocean
- Day 8 – Phuket to Krabi
- Day 9 – Tiger Cave Temple, Krabi
- Day 10 – Extended Family Fellowship
- Day 11 – Crossing Back into Malaysia
- Day 12 – Flat Tyre Up Cameron Highlands
- Day 13 – Morning Walk to Parit Falls
- Day 14 – The Big Red Strawberry Farm
- Day 14 – Tea Paradise!
- Day 15 – Lata Iskandar Falls
- Concluding Thoughts
Reviews of Hotels and Restaurants:
- Ibis Styles Fraser Business Park, Kuala Lumpur
- Siam Deli – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Seoul Grill – Tesco Lotus Thalang, Phuket
- When No WIFI and No Housekeeping becomes a Plus – Dreamscape Apartments, Cameron Highlands
- Soupy Licious Restaurant – Melaka
- Restaurant Rice Congee Noodles – Melaka
- Novotel Melaka
My wife and I enjoy having guests over at our place for fellowship and a nice home-cooked meal. So if you would like to drop by to try some of my wife’s wonderful cooking and to talk more about travel and life, do drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a dinner date! Everyone welcome!
- Hungary Winter Drive Blog Series – 2017
- Hokkaido Winter Drive Blog Series – 2017
- Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series – 2016
- Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series – 2017