After attending the Marriott Vacation Club members update talk, we were given THB4000 worth of Food and Beverage Vouchers to be used at any of the resort’s restaurants. We decided to try out the Siam Deli Restaurant after reading the positive reviews on Tripadvisor.
To be honest, the prices of the food here isn’t cheap, and if not for the vouchers, we probably wouldn’t have even tried this place.
We ordered a Lamb Rogan Josh, Fish and Chips, JW Marriott Burger, and two kids meals – Spaghetti Alfredo and Mini Beef Steak.
Generally speaking, the food was okay, but unfortunately at these prices, our expectations were much higher. The adult meals were of a better standard, but the kids meals were not very good. The kids spaghetti had no ingredients whatsoever and was practically just pasta with cream sauce. At THB180++ surely they could have at least put in some mushrooms or ham??
The whole bill came up to THB2036, which frankly we would be able to find much better at much cheaper, even at the nearby Turtle Village.
Lamb Rogan Gosh (8/10)
JW Marriott Burger (6/10)
Fish and Chips (7/10)
Mini Beef Steak (6/10)
Spaghetti in Cream Sauce (2/10)
Here are the links to the other parts in this Blog Series:
- Day 1 – SG to KL
- Day 2 – KL to Jitra
- Day 3 – Jitra to Phuket
- Day 4 – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Day 7 – Respect the Ocean
- Day 8 – Phuket to Krabi
- Day 9 – Tiger Cave Temple, Krabi
- Day 10 – Extended Family Fellowship
- Day 11 – Crossing Back into Malaysia
- Day 12 – Flat Tyre Up Cameron Highlands
- Day 13 – Morning Walk to Parit Falls
- Day 14 – The Big Red Strawberry Farm
- Day 14 – Tea Paradise!
- Day 15 – Lata Iskandar Falls
- Concluding Thoughts
Reviews of Hotels and Restaurants:
- Ibis Styles Fraser Business Park, Kuala Lumpur
- Siam Deli – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Seoul Grill – Tesco Lotus Thalang, Phuket
- When No WIFI and No Housekeeping becomes a Plus – Dreamscape Apartments, Cameron Highlands
- Soupy Licious Restaurant – Melaka
- Restaurant Rice Congee Noodles – Melaka
- Novotel Melaka
My wife and I enjoy having guests over at our place for fellowship and a nice home-cooked meal. So if you would like to drop by to try some of my wife’s wonderful cooking and to talk more about travel and life, do drop me a mail at email@example.com to arrange a dinner date! Everyone welcome!
- Hungary Winter Drive Blog Series – 2017
- Hokkaido Winter Drive Blog Series – 2017
- Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series – 2016
- Drive from Singapore to Thailand Blog Series – 2017