Today’s leg was a 453km drive from KL to Jitra. We normally put up in Alor Setar but this time we wanted to try the LSH Resthouse at Jitra which is further north and closer to the Thailand border.
On the way up towards Ipoh, we witnessed a 4 car pile-up in front of us which forced me to do an emergency brake on the fast lane of the highway. Thankfully I was alert and I avoided ramming into the car in front. This was a stark reminder of the potential dangers when taking these long drives. Always look two or three cars down the line, this will give you more time to react to emergencies. If you only brake when the car immediately in front of you brakes, sometimes this will be too late to avoid a nasty accident. I’m extremely grateful that we managed to avoid the crash, it would have spoiled our entire holiday!
Ipoh, at just about the halfway point of today’s drive, was a good spot to stop for lunch, as always. This time we didn’t go downtown for the Dim Sum, but settled for fast food at the outskirts of town.
The drive after lunch was a scenic one, amidst mountains and through a tunnel. We managed to arrive at Jitra in good time, around 4 pm.
Click HERE for the next installment of my 2017 SG-TH blog series which details our interesting experience at the Sadao border crossing.
Here are the links to the other parts in this Blog Series:
- Day 1 – SG to KL
- Day 2 – KL to Jitra
- Day 3 – Jitra to Phuket
- Day 4 – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Day 7 – Respect the Ocean
- Day 8 – Phuket to Krabi
- Day 9 – Tiger Cave Temple, Krabi
- Day 10 – Extended Family Fellowship
- Day 11 – Crossing Back into Malaysia
- Day 12 – Flat Tyre Up Cameron Highlands
- Day 13 – Morning Walk to Parit Falls
- Day 14 – The Big Red Strawberry Farm
- Day 14 – Tea Paradise!
- Day 15 – Lata Iskandar Falls
- Concluding Thoughts
Reviews of Hotels and Restaurants:
- Ibis Styles Fraser Business Park, Kuala Lumpur
- Siam Deli – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Seoul Grill – Tesco Lotus Thalang, Phuket
- When No WIFI and No Housekeeping becomes a Plus – Dreamscape Apartments, Cameron Highlands
- Soupy Licious Restaurant – Melaka
- Restaurant Rice Congee Noodles – Melaka
- Novotel Melaka
My wife and I enjoy having guests over at our place for fellowship and a nice home-cooked meal. So if you would like to drop by to try some of my wife’s wonderful cooking and to talk more about travel and life, do drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a dinner date! Everyone welcome!