Ever since our first Singapore – Thailand road trip in 2015, we have made this a yearly affair for our family. For our past trips, the first day was a 800km drive from Singapore to Alor Setar at the north of Peninsular Malaysia, but this year, we decided to go easy on ourselves and break this into two legs. This means that for our first day, we have an extremely manageable 330km drive.
We set of at 7:40am on a Friday morning, and was blessed to have completely no traffic at the Woodlands border crossing. The North South Highway was also extremely smooth and we made it to our rest stop at 10am for brunch at Restoran Jejantas Ayer Keroh, a few kilometres past the Bandaraya Melaka exit.
After brunch, again it was a smooth drive for another 1 hour and 20 minutes to reach our destination for the day – Ibis Styles Fraser Business Park, KL. Was extremely nice to have the whole afternoon to rest and chill and to prepare ourselves for the longer drives that are coming up the next 2 days!
Click HERE to read the next installment of my 2017 SG-TH blog series where I share about my near miss along the NSE.
Here are the links to the other parts in this Blog Series:
- Day 1 – SG to KL
- Day 2 – KL to Jitra
- Day 3 – Jitra to Phuket
- Day 4 – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Day 7 – Respect the Ocean
- Day 8 – Phuket to Krabi
- Day 9 – Tiger Cave Temple, Krabi
- Day 10 – Extended Family Fellowship
- Day 11 – Crossing Back into Malaysia
- Day 12 – Flat Tyre Up Cameron Highlands
- Day 13 – Morning Walk to Parit Falls
- Day 14 – The Big Red Strawberry Farm
- Day 14 – Tea Paradise!
- Day 15 – Lata Iskandar Falls
- Concluding Thoughts
Reviews of Hotels and Restaurants:
- Ibis Styles Fraser Business Park, Kuala Lumpur
- Siam Deli – Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- Seoul Grill – Tesco Lotus Thalang, Phuket
- When No WIFI and No Housekeeping becomes a Plus – Dreamscape Apartments, Cameron Highlands
- Soupy Licious Restaurant – Melaka
- Restaurant Rice Congee Noodles – Melaka
- Novotel Melaka
My wife and I enjoy having guests over at our place for fellowship and a nice home-cooked meal. So if you would like to drop by to try some of my wife’s wonderful cooking and to talk more about travel and life, do drop me a mail at email@example.com to arrange a dinner date! Everyone welcome!